Hiii it’s meee →
in my yoga pants here to tell you about another pumpkin recipe. . . Pumpkin Bread French Toast, because it is October and I deserve it. So let’s get back to pumpkin, once you have a plate of this enticing syrup soaked pumpkin bread french toast, it’s hard to focus on anything else.
This bread is soft, juicy and packs a punch with pumpkin cozy Fall flavors. I am tempted to use the word “dense”, but I won’t because it’s not a “too much flour” dense. I took an already delicious pumpkin recipe (thank you Mom) and reduced the flour and sugar then added more pumpkin puree. I wanted to try to make a slightly healthier version and decided to reduce the sweetness a bit. That way when syrup is added it’s the perfect balance. This French toast was so good it felt like a hug.
Shop My Favorite Kitchen Favorites for Pumpkin Bread French Toast!
click photos for links!
Looking for some other delicious recipes? Check these out!
click photos to link to recipe!
TAG @BINGEWORTHYBITES ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT! #BINGEWORTHYBITES
*This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pumpkin Bread French Toast
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 15 oz (can) pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple cider/apple juice
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt (fine)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Start by combining all purpose flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil to melting point (about 30 seconds in microwave)
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, room temperature pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, sugar, eggs and apple cider.
- Gradually add remaining dry ingredients to mix until completely combined.
- Transfer to greased baking pan and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes (or until top is firm to touch).
Making French Toast
- Slice a few thick pieces of pumpkin bread.
- Combine cream, egg, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon (or pumpkin spice) on a plate with a tall rim. Whisk ingredients together until mixed.
- Coat pumpkin bread slices with wet ingredients and place on greased frying pan over medium/high heat. Cook until golden brown (1 to 2 minutes per side)
- Drizzle with maple syrup and ENJOY!