I don’t want to be dramatic, but these sea salt caramel apple [oatmeal] cookies are SLAP YOU IN THE FACE delicious. If there is anything I’m no nonsense about it’s cookies. I am a cookie snob ESPECIALLY when it comes to oatmeal. I would say they’re one of my favorites, but how do you honestly choose a favorite cookie? If I HAD to make a favorite cookie list though, these would be on it. They’re soft with the perfect chewy factor, and caramel on top. My husband, Aidan, actually put the cookie jar above the fridge and out of my reach because he did not want to share them (all I have to say about that is, ruude and we have a step ladder haha).
Sea Salt Caramel Apple [Oatmeal] Cookies
Cooked & Diced Cinnamon Apples
- Melt butter in a sauté pan with brown sugar and cinnamon over high heat. Once they melt together and start to bubble add in diced apples. Cook until apples are coated and have softened (about 5-8 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine and sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl mix shortening, softened butter and sugar. Beat until fluffy then add eggs, cooked apple oatmeal and chopped nuts.
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place tablespoon size scoops on an ungreased pan. Bake cookies at 400° for about 7-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Drizzle (homemade or store bought) salted caramel on top of cookies when finished and enjoy!
Sea Salt Vanilla Caramel (from scratch❤️)
- Add granulated sugar to a sauce pan over medium heat and slowly stir. Sugar will begin to clump and then slowly melt into an amber liquid.
- Once all clumps are gone take melted (liquid) sugar off heat. Add in heavy cream and stir. Caramel will bubble, mix until cream and sugar are completely blended
- Add in butter vanilla and sea salt and mix until blended
- If mixture has formed clumps (don't panic) put it back on heat and carefully stir until smooth
- Leave caramel to cool in pan for about 20 minutes. Once cooled transfer it to a jar or bottle. Keep stored in the refrigerator