This creamy, cheesy, fiesta corn dip packs so much flavor and texture, there is a reason you'll nickname it "crack dip." One scoop of this dip with a Frito (my personal favorite) and you'll be looking for the seat closest to wherever it's being served. The sour cream and mayonnaise base absorbs some of the heat from the onions and jalapenos, but the chive and cheese flavors shine through. There's even a hint of sweetness from the corn, and it's seriously the most perfect combination anyone could ask for.
Fast. Easy. Delicious.
Fiesta corn dip is, hands down, my most requested appetizer. I get side text messages for this dip even when the host tells everyone else not to worry about bringing anything. "Except for you. Please bring the corn dip!" (The usual side text). You'll want to serve this dip cold with Fritos, Tostitos, pita chips or sliced bell peppers (for those trying to spare themselves some carbs) for dipping. There's plenty of crunch, and the pop of salt (from the chip options) really enhances the myriad of flavors this dip brings.
This dip doesn't look like anything spectacular when mixed. I'll be honest. One scoop of it though, and all you'll hear is "WHAT IS THIS??" This is dip you'll become known for bringing. This dip becomes a permanent assignment along with my favorite guacamole.
Ingredients You'll Need
- fiesta corn/mexicorn (canned corn)
- green onions
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
How to Make the Best Fiesta Corn dip
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it is SO fast and easy to make, but so good. It takes 15 minutes to make, and that includes EVERYTHING. By "everything" I mean everything from opening the cans of Fiesta corn and draining them, to slicing the green onions. I can't stress enough, this recipe will be even be easy for someone at the most basic cooking level.
Creamy Fiesta Corn Dip Tips and Tricks:
- First, use regular mayo and sour cream. You can use lower fat options if absolutely necessary, but the regular blends the flavors better.
- Next, you need to drain the corn really well before adding to the bowl.
- I use fancy shredded cheese because it distributes better throughout the dip than a thicker shredded cheese.
- You can use Mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, Colby Jack, or Mexican blended shredded cheese. I used mild cheddar.
- I use the whole green onion (not just the green part). The whole scallion has much more flavor than just the green part.
- You can use kitchen shears to cut the green onion.
- Remove seeds from jalapeno peppers (If using)
- Last, you should refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. I make this dip the day before serving for best results.
This is truly a "dump all of the ingredients in the bowl recipe, with a couple minor caveats. First, I mix the sour cream and mayo together in a separate bowl. Then you can combine with the rest of the ingredients and ensure you don't get "pockets" of mayo or sour cream.
You can use jalapeno pepper or you can skip it. This corn dip is just as delicious without them. For your dip to have a little kick, add the finely diced jalapenos, I've been bringing it to barbecues with lots of kids, so I have been leaving them out more recently.
Can I substitute Fiesta Corn / Mexicorn?
I made and wrote this recipe based on using canned Mexicorn and Fiesta corn. Mexicorn and fiesta corn are both mixes of whole kernel corn with finely chopped pieces of red and green peppers. Both are seasoned with salt and sugar. As I mentioned, the canned option is what this recipe is based on, but it can be made from scratch if you'd prefer.
You'll want to make this dip a day or two ahead (or at least an hour ahead) before serving it for best results. I seal the dip in an airtight container, and store it in the refrigerator for several days (there is no way it won't be eaten faster).
Looking for other great appetizer recipes?
click photos for links!
Creamy Fiesta Corn Dip Kitchen Tools
click photos for links!
Did you make this recipe? I wanna see! Tag @bingeworthybites on Instagram and hashtag it! #bingeworthybites
*This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Fiesta Corn Dip
- 22 oz fiesta corn/mexicorn
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- Prep ingredients: thinly slice green onions and finely dice jalapeños. *Be sure to remove the seeds if you don't want it to be too spicy!
- Drain the fiesta corn and pour the drained corn into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded cheese, diced jalapeños, and sliced green onions to the large mixing bowl and mix.
- Pour mayonnaise and sour cream mixture into the mixing bowl, and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer dip to airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.