TWENTY TWO DAYS! 22 days 18 hours until I leave for my honeymoon! The "beach friendly" countdown continues and so do the healthy recipes! This is the second healthy recipe that needs to be shared, it is THE BEST guacamole on the planet! All made with simple healthy ingredients! I am a little bummed that I am typing this post and I already finished eating it. My husband and I first discovered this creamy delectable guacamole at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. When they're not too busy, they pull up a little guacamole cart and make it in front of you. I am so thankful for this. On our second visit, I unapologetically sat taking diligent notes of every move Maria, (the true guacamole guru) made, and all the ingredients she added to the mocaljete. We were so excited about this guacamole that after leaving the restaurant we actually had to stop to buy our own mocaljete (mortar and pestle) on our way home. We needed to do this right and keep it authentic just like Maria. If you have read any of my previous posts you'll probably find this recipe a little funny, because I can't stand raw tomatoes and my husband Aidan thinks cilantro tastes like detergent... This guacamole is a delicious rule breaker, because avocados make everyone happy (which is why I should probably get this shirt, just sayin').
Tips to make the BEST GUACAMOLE:
Start buy adding avocado to your mocaljete/bowl, use a pestle (or fork) to smash the avocado leaving little delicious bits of it in tact.
Add in your second avocado with onion and repeat.
Once blended, squeeze 2 quartered lime wedges, finely diced orange and green jalapeño and minced garlic. Smash these just a little bit and then gently stir using your pestle (or fork) until ingredients are combined. Add in diced tomato and cilantro and mix carefully to avoid smashing the tomatoes. Salt is the last step, only add salt when you are ready to serve (salt makes the avocado brown faster).
Tag @bingeworthybites on Instagram and hashtag it! #bingeworthybites
How to make the BEST GUACAMOLE
- 2 Avocados
- 2 tablespoon White onion (diced)
- ½ Lime
- Orange jalapeño (finely diced)
- Green jalapeño (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoon Roma tomato (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch Maldon sea salt flakes
- Start buy adding avocado to your mocaljete/bowl, use a pestle (or fork) to
smash the avocado leaving little delicious bits of it in tact.
- Add in your second avocado with onion and repeat until blended.
- *When dicing the jalapeño be sure to remove the seeds if you don't want it to be too spicy! *For reference: I fall in the medium spice category - I add about a teaspoon of orange jalapeño and a teaspoon of green. I have also made this recipe with just green jalapeño and used ½ of it.
- Squeeze 2 quartered lime wedges, finely diced orange and green jalapeño and minced garlic. Smash these just a little bit and then gently stir using your pestle (or fork) until ingredients are combined.
- Add the diced tomato and cilantro - mix carefully to avoid smashing the tomatoes.
- Salt is the last step, I use a large pinch of flaky sea salt and do this to taste *only add salt when you are ready to serve (salt makes the avocado brown faster). -Enjoy!
Best ever!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I thought this recipe was certainly better than many of the best Mexican restaurants serving Guac. It was truly authentic, All the way down to the different style peppers she uses.
❤️ love the recipe.
Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️ That makes my day ☺️
Thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much Sherri! I am so glad you love it! ❤️❤️❤️
The best! I give it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Absolutely loved your recipe!
5 stars for sure!!
Thank you so so much Kim! I am so happy to hear you liked it!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much Ger! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
At first I was skeptical because of the lack of tomatoes and cumin and cayenne. But this is sooooo delicious! I used lemon instead of lime because of what I had available. This is honestly the best guacamole I’ve ever made!
Hi Danielle! Thank you so much for commenting I am thrilled to here that! I loooove this guacamole - I am so happy to hear you do too! ❤️